Friday, April 21, 2017

Trade Mail From CMMDTO

Wow Jared just sent two big piles of cards, separated into a "Just Because" pile and a "From Wantlists" pile. Cool! That makes it easy to immediately know which cards I need to cross off my wantlist. And as backed up as I am with sorting, that helps a ton!

"FROM YOUR WANTLISTS"
The Salmon wantlist is long, it's nice to knock off 6 cards at once.
I like the Hobby Reserve stamped version of 1997 Score.

But wait, there's more.
Nine more Tim Salmon off the massive wantlist!
The 2001 Topps in the upper right shows tell-tale signs of "card stick" scratching, usually found on older packs of unopened cards that after a while have started to exchange molecules.
I've torn through some old packs of 92 Fleer Excel Minors and the only card front not damaged was the top card.

2016 Topps Opening Day Mascots M-3
It's been a while since I've actually been to an Angels game, kinda hard since I live in Texas, but I'm amazed this little guy is still a player.


2008 Upper Deck X Xponentials
It's really great that folks are checking my wantlists, and hitting these Xponentials.
The X3 and X4 were really hard to pull from packs.

1991 Pacific Nolan Ryan
Nolan Ryan in an Angels uniform is one of my favorite sights.
Pecking away at this set. I have a few of these signed by umpires that were a part of his no-hitters.
And I have the one of Ryan and Frank Tanana signed.

"JUST BECAUSE"
2016 Topps Opening Day OD-193 Blue Foil
One of the better Topps parallel designs I've seen in a while.
I've really been burned out on Topps and the myriad of parallels the last several years.
It's a beating trying to chase these down, that's why I'm so thankful for trade partners, there's no way I'd be able to purchase all of these.

2007 Turkey Red Chrome No99, 1046/1999
"Dustin was a first round pick of the Reds..."
Whatever happened to Dustin Moseley?

2004 Fleer Patchworks National Patchtime NP-TG
Sweet card.
The back says that this is from an authentic game-worn jersey, worn by Troy Glaus.
I wonder which road uniform he gave up, and how much money he made giving it up? Do players pay for their own uniforms?

And all the rest of this really great trade package.
Thanks Jared!


1 comment:

  1. As I understand it the teams own all the uniforms and if the players want any of there uni's they payroll deduct the cost from the player. So is the uniform piece actually game used uniforms or are they team issued uniforms or are they just extra fabric somebody had laying around no way to know you have to put your faith in the company that is making the cards I guess.

    ReplyDelete