Thursday, April 6, 2017

Trade Mail From Off The Wall - Pack 2 of 2

Like I said, it took two mailings to get all these cards to me. Shane really went all-out to gather up Angels cards and to go through my wantlist pulling stuff I needed.

1960 Topps #105
Unprecedented I think, that I should start this post with a non-Angels card, let alone a Dodgers card!
But what a sweet card! The only non-Angels team set I'm collecting is the 1960 Topps Dodgers team set. I love the 1960 design, and the Angels weren't a MLB team yet, so I decided on this team set instead. It's gonna be a tough task I know, but I think I'll be able to peck away at it, especially through the generosity of fellow bloggers like Shane.

1975 O-Pee-Chee #16
1978 O-Pee-Chee #7
I haven't added the OPC series of Angels cards to my wantlist yet, but I am seriously lacking in them.
These two are great additions to the sets.

2004 Fleer Ultra #221
Vladdys first year with the Angels. I like this card because you can tell for sure by the look on his face that he just hit one out.
When he goes into the hall, I sure hope he does as an Angel.

1997 Fleer Headliners #14
I've said it before, that if you asked me to name all the superstar veterans that played for the Angels like Dave Winfield, Rod Carew, Reggie Jackson...I'll always forget to name Eddie Murray.
I don't know why that is.

Fleer Logo Stickers
Awesome! Biggest load of stickers anyone has ever sent. Twenty-seven total, and all but one are from my Wantlist! This is really great because I'm getting to the point now where I'm starting complete sets. Those pesky variations are still tough pulls, but base sets are starting to get done and thats exciting.
Anyone want to try to top twenty-seven?
Wink-wink.

Checklists
All vaieties but I think my favorites are those like the 1993 Donruss Dennis Eckersley there with the combined photo/checklist.

Allen & Ginter's Code Cards
See perfect example of one mans trash is another mans junk. Shane used these, like most card traders, as protection within the team backs. but to me they are what I collect. I don't know if you intended it that way Shane, but thanks.

And again the rest of the big stack of Angels, many will complete team sets.
Lots of sorting to do.

You outdid yourself Shane, lots of great stuff and very generous.
Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment