Thursday, April 14, 2011

Angels in the Background for Chuck Knoblauch

Lee Steven makes an appearance on Chuck Knoblauchs 1993 Upper Deck card.

Lee is heading into second on what appears to be a stolen base attempt against the Twins (Knob's not in a double-play position).



They're at Anaheim Stadium since it's outdoors, and it's a day game.

And I said I wasn't going to do this but, but I peeked at retrosheet and found this:
ANGELS 8TH: Gaetti grounded out (third to first); Stevens
singled to shortstop; Gonzales struck out while Stevens was
caught stealing second (catcher to second); 0 R, 1 H, 0 E, 0
LOB. Twins 2, Angels 1.


So this picture was taken on Wednesday, July 1, 1992 (D) at Anaheim Stadium.

Here's the front of Knoblauchs card for future reference.

2 comments:

  1. Even though he might have been called out at the play at the plate, my favorite Angels cameo is Tim Salmon on Jeff Tackett's 1994 Topps card.

    http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards/Baseball/1994/Topps_Gold/664/Jeff_Tackett

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! Thanks for the heads up on that Salmon. I'll see if I have one and use it for a future post.

    ReplyDelete