Monday, October 28, 2024

Y, It Probably Doesn't Exist

You might know that I'm a big collector of Special Offer, Redemption, Sweepstakes, Mail-In, Informational, Ad, etc. cards. But only for baseball. Years ago though I pulled this card below from a 1997 SkyBox Premium football pack and I was so blown away by the color and graphics that I decided I would try to collect all six cards.


That's a beauty.
The cards would spell out SKYBOX and if you got all six you could send them in for a prize.


Notice that I'm missing the "Y" as I've never been able to track one down.

Since this was a contest where you needed to collect all six letters, I have to assume that only one Y card exists, and chances are good that I will never find it to complete the set.


The winner would have gotten (or got) a complete 1997 SkyBox Autographics Football card set.

The back doesn't mention how many winners there could be for redeeming the six cards, so again, I have to assume there was only one "Y" available.

Anybody out there got the Y card?


1 comment:

  1. Total bummer if true, like many of those McDonald's games (I'm looking at you Monopoly from the 1980s and the Build a Big Mac from '82?) where there was one game piece that they only made one of and released it at a specific time and a specific location.

    ReplyDelete