Monday, May 21, 2012

Interesting Cards From A Flurry Of Trades

The padded envelopes were stacking up.  I had made trades or won something from GCRL, Stealing Home, reader Tim, Community Gum, Big D, Texas Rangers Cards, and Waxaholic.  No relics, autographs or jerseys here, but some great Angels cards none the less.  I only picked a handful to show off, but believe me there were about 10 team bags full of Angels.

Here's just a few.
2004 Donruss Team Heroes #14 Tim Salmon.  This was one of about 5 Tim Salmon cards I received along with numerous Mike Trout, Mark Trumbo, and Mike Napoli cards, some of my favorite Angels.



Nice pair of 1989 Donruss The Rookies featuring Dante Bichette and Jim Abbott.  A complete team set actually, these are the only Angels in the set. 
I remember when Jim Abbott cards started coming out I kept looking for one that would clearly show his right arm.  This one finally gave me a good idea of the challenge he was faced with.
I can't even imagine what it was like to compete at the Major League level with only one hand.
He still inspires me.


1987 M&Ms #1 Wally Joyner


1990 Topps Ames All-Stars #30


2008 Topps Trading Card History #TCHC49 Torii Hunter Chrome.


2011 Topps Diamond Tribute #285 Hank Conger.


1996 Topps #213 Future Star Todd Greene.
Another great Todd Greene card, and that Future Star logo is one of the best logos ever.


2012 Topps Gold Sparkle #46 Peter Bourjos.


2010 Topps Gold #356 Franchise History Mike Scioscia 382/399.
I have a version of that 2002 World Championship hat.
I've never worn it.
It's sacred.


2003 Upper Deck Standing O #S-2 Troy Glaus.
Check it out, a ROUND baseball card!!



2012 Topps Heritage Chrome HP50 Dan Haren 0147/1963.


1981 Fleer Star Sticker #50 Bobby Grich

I appreciate every card that comes my way.  Thank you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment