Saturday, April 7, 2012

Why I Love My LCS

Why do I love my LCS you ask?  I can run over at lunch, and 45 minutes later come away with a bunch of really cool cards, all half off the sticker price. 

I'll show you what I mean.

This trip to the LCS I actually remembered my checklists.  I wouldn't say that I've wasted a lot of time digging with reckless abandon, because I love digging, but it is nice to find something you're actually looking for and not have to wonder if you already have it.
I started the trip finding this 1965 Topps Jim Fregosi card I needed for my team set.


Fregosi is also one of the Angels I'm working on getting a Topps card for each year that he played, so I needed this '75 and '76.  What a difference a year makes huh?  I still need Jims cards from 1974, 1978 and 1987 (I'm including manager cards).


A nice colorful selection of 1965 Topps for a buck each.
George Thomas is a former Angel.


Doug DeCinces and Dean Chance are two more former Angels I'm working on.
Not sure why the Chance card was marked so high, but I figured for $3 it was still worth it.
Still need his 1966, 1967, 1970, and 1971 cards.


I did a double-take on this 1977 Rookies card.  I caught the Angels Mike Overy down there in the lower right corner.  I didn't know he was on a rookies card.  Former Angel Greg Minton is there too.


Did another double-take going through the 1975 box, when I came across this card.  Took me a minute to realize that it was a mini.  Nice little Bob Gibson mini for 3 bucks.


I couldn't believe my eyes when I was going through the quarter box and found these (sans penny sleeve and top loader) 2011 Heritage Red Tint cards of Brad Lidge and JA Happ.  I had to stop and think for a minute if they were actually variation cards, because why would they be in the quarter bin?

And the piece-de-resistance of the day:


Oh the things done to cards.  Couldn't pass this up.  Notice the upside down peace signs on his cheeks?  The genious of a grafiti artist obtained for a mere buck.

The LCS was a pretty good substitution for missing out on Opening Day at the Ballpark today.

1 comment:

  1. Just wondering where this LCS you speak of is. It wouldn't happen to be behind Six Flags Mall would it? I'm always looking for more in the DFW area.

    ReplyDelete