Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Don Denkinger On The Checklists

Don Denkinger has this idea of signing checklist cards down pat.
Nice bold signatures, dates, umpire number all on the front of the card.

Don signed these cards in...well I'm not sure.
I think I sent them in July to his home in Iowa, although the postmark is from Phoenix.
Maybe his Winter home?
He signed a couple Nolan Ryan no-hitter cards for me back in May.
Those cards I had cataloged on sporstcollectors.net but I have no record on these cards.
I don't know what my reasoning was sending him two more cards and not using another umpire for my 1983 Topps and 1991 Upper Deck autographed sets.

Oh well.

1 comment:

  1. I never thought about adding an umpire autograph to my collection. Both of these cards are pretty awesome! Even cooler is having him sign the Nolan Ryan/Oakland A's no-hitter cards.

    ReplyDelete