Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Junk Mall Junk Wax Wednesday - Special

No junk wax today, although maybe someday these might be considered junk wax by some. Today we have a 2024 Topps Series 1 fat pack.

Pack of 36 cards with lots of inserts and parallels.
$6.99 at Target

First card of the pack.
When I first saw the design, I immediately was reminded of a '90s Starting Lineup issue, but now that I have them in hand, maybe not so much.
I do like the neon-ness of them.

Here's the rest of the pack.
First Angels pull of the year.


I'm glad they chose the blue neon for the Angels; it stands out nicely.



Yeah, it's a good design, I like it.

The "Ken Griffey" font is a little too balloonish and clown-like, but the Stars of the MLB are nicely done.

Overall, I'm pleased.






5 comments:

  1. I seem to discover something new with each 2024 Topps post I've come across on the blogosphere. Today... I noticed that there are much less zoomed out, well-cropped photos than I would like to see. In this pack... there are only a handful... with the Varsho clearly standing out. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voting for Pete Alonso.
    Soto's with the Yankees now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The inserts look so plain next to the 2024 design. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love the "Neon Sign Design" set!

    ReplyDelete