Thursday, March 7, 2024

Never Too Old For Baseball Cards

My 60th birthday was yesterday, and I got some cards! Thankfully, my family knows that I still like to get packs for my birthday. Around Thanksgiving I start dropping the reminders that it's coming up, typically something like this, "Hey! I don't know who did it, but......my birthdays coming up!" Fun times in the Tessier house.


First up is the 2023 Update blaster which I actually bought for myself a few days before my birthday. Didn't wait to open it though.
Here's the highlights.
Already had all the Angels in the box.


Blue Foil 665/999

Got four in this blaster when I think three is typical.

The Arozarena is a Chrome.


The Marichal is the Blue version with a Print Run of 600.


One of my daughters gave me the two fat packs.

Pack 1 highlights:
Wow, an Ohtani. Rarely pulled him before. Glad he showed up as an Angel still.


Pack 2


Daughter picked out a great pack!










16 comments:

  1. Happy 60th, Tom! I'm glad you got treated to some cards for your big day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool.
    Always nice to get an Ohtani.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice hit and I like that Mookie! ... Happy birthday! I forgot that you share the same birthday as my wife.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, Mookie's looking at the sky, not the ball. Think Topps put the ball in his glove?

      Delete
  4. Happy belated birthday, Tom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Looks like you got some good cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday Tom! Nice cards as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to you! Keep your birthday rockin' with the following:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhdOPhTHeoE

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! Angels fan or not... it always feels great to open a pack and pull an Ohtani.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday Tom! I suggest to my family about wanting cards for my birthday but it does not always happen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated Birthday. You are only about a year and a month (2 days less than a month) older than me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday! And yes, your daughter chose wisely!

    ReplyDelete