Monday, April 7, 2014

Watch The DVD, Get An Autograph

Early last year I was going through a difficult time. My wife, in an effort to bring me a little cheer, bought me a $2 used DVD she found at the local video rental.
It was a documentary on the knuckleball, appropriately titled, "Knuckleball!".    The film featured recent knuckleballers Tim Wakefield and RA Dickey, and highlighted famous knuckleballers like Jim Bouton, Wilbur Wood, Phil Neikro, and Charlie Hough.

Long story short, I loved the movie, and it did bring me some cheer.  So much so that I thought I'd send the DVD cover TTM to get it autographed by Wilbur Wood.

Long shot, but it's just a DVD cover and 4 stamps.


Wood signed this DVD cover in 299 days from his home in Medford, MA.
How sweet is that?



5 comments:

  1. I love that he signed it on the sweet spot of the ball on the cover, too, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to say the same thing! Awesome TTM!

      I saw the film and enjoyed it quite a bit as well. But, I saw it on Netflix and don't have a cover.

      Delete
  2. What an awesome piece. Congratulations on the TTM success. Like Dennis mentioned... it was pretty cool of Wood to sign the sweet spot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's pretty cool! As mentioned above, I love that he signed the sweet spot on the ball

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be getting Wilbur's auto this weekend. I live in Ma. He is signing at a show nearby. Have a nice 64 Topps Card for him to sign

    ReplyDelete