Saturday, January 21, 2023

Antique Mall Junk Wax Pt 1

I knew of a vendor at my local antique mall that sold card packs, but's its been about a year since I went last so I wasn't sure he was still there. I've been itching to rip something junk so I headed over. I dont know why I chose hockey, maybe the "Premier Edition" hooked me, and the fact that I've had 1991 Upper Deck baseball on my mind lately. Here is Part 1 of my take.

1990-91 Upper Deck Hockey at a buck a pack. Why not?


PACK 1

Three goalie cards, always cool. The card that stands out to me though is Ron Tugnutt's. I remember him as being an original Mighty Duck, selected by them in the '93 Expansion Draft. He appeared in 28 games for them before moving on to the Canadiens.


PACK 2
Two Star Rookies and a Rookie Team card in this pack. And two of those traditional Upper Deck team checklist cards, which are cool but I kinda get tired of.

I looked up some of the cards I pulled. Apparently, there are like 4 different hologram logo variations for each card. Sheesh!

All are available for trade.


2 comments:

  1. Such an awesome product. I'd totally drop $36 to open up a box of this stuff. Great design. So many future hall of famers... and tons of big name rookies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be interested in the goalie cards.

    ReplyDelete