Thursday, January 26, 2023

January ALMOST End-Of-Month Incoming

 A steady stream of trade returns for the month of Janaury. Thanks to everyone who sent stuff back. I know its not the end January yet, but I needed to clear this out, it's getting kinda long.

Johnnys Trading Spot
1969-1970 Fleer Baseball Quiz cards.
These are so cool. I've often been tempted to collect these sets, but it would be too much of an undertaking to commit to.

I won a couple weeks of freebies: one brought me a nice selection of Pujols cards. I have hopes that there may be a faint (very faint) possibility that when Pujols goes into the Hall he might go in as an Angel. But given the way he departed the Angels I think any hope of that is probably lost.
I was kinda getting tired of retro images of Ryan on newer baseball cards, but then I got this one, and the fire was rekindled.



The Diamond King
Kevin was downsizing some rookies so I selected the Jo Adell cards for obvious reasons. Bobby Witt Sr. is a local legend here in Rangers territory, he's also the brother of Angels Great Mike Witt. When I first heard of Witt Jr. I was intrigued and thought I'd at least keep an eye on him. I think he has some real potential, so I selected some of his cards as well.


Dollar Store Cards
Doug included some really nice Angels cards, with some beautiful Mike Trout Optics and some Patroits as well, including this one:
Sometime in the future, I'll be talking old Patriots with someone, and they'll say, "Remember that time when Cam Newton played for them?" I'll shake my head and say "Nuh-uh, you're FOS." Then he'll pull this card out. I'm still in denial that it ever happened, I'm not a fan.


Baseball Cards Come To Life
When I opened the PWE and saw these I thought "Surely (don't call me Shirley) I already have half of these, they're pretty common." But NO! Need them all. Thanks for checking the wantlist Bo.


Topps Cards That Never Were
The little 1987 Don Sutton is a box bottom cut. I need to try to find the whole panel now.

That's fourteen 2004 Topps Traded & Rookies Checklist puzzle pieces (and some even fit together!). A big chunk towards the 110 cards in this massive puzzle, which I didn't realize was a puzzle until Jeremy set me straight. I was just trying to collect the checklists, of which there are basically 10, but now I want to complete the puzzle. It's on my wantlist if you want to help out... 


Randy Sahlstrom
Four more for the 444 collection. That brings me up to 102 cards.

Randy also sent the six missing 1991 Upper Deck cards I needed to re-complete this set.


Diamond Jesters
I've mentioned a few times that I'm in sore need of Angels from the last few years, so these are very welcomed.


Card As I See Them
Yay, more 2004 Traded & Rookies Checklists for the massive 110-card checklist puzzle.
The Syndergaard card is pretty sweet. He looks a little cartoony but it works. And two more for the Vladdy collection.


Johnnys Trading Spot
It's not often that someone sends you a bunch of old Angels pocket schedules. I actively collected these for the Angels until several years ago. At some point I'll have to catch up. Do teams still print out pocket schedules anymore?


All Cardinals All The time
The Marquis Riley completes the team set for 1993 Classic Best. The Joyner is one I needed for his PC. And two more towards the Stadium Club Info Cards set I'm working on.





3 comments:

  1. Glad you could use those cards! Getting everything onto TCDB is making helping out PCs a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recognition. Glad to be of help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that was a big month! I try not to collect the pocket schedules, but do like seeing them on the blogs.

    ReplyDelete