Saturday, July 22, 2023

A Johnny Box - Winnings and Then Some

I received a small flat rate box from Johnny's Trading Spot that included some prize winnings along with a bunch of other stuff.

First off the prize winnings. John always has some really nice stuff to send and this was no exception.
The Iglesias is a 2022 Topps - First Edition Red Foil 16/50

Tons of checklist cards were included, 62 to be exact. Hopefully these will fill a lot of gaps in my checklist sets. I think those 1994 Select might even be a complete set.

And then John found a way to get rid of a lot of his oversized cards...send them to me!

1985 Donruss Action All-Stars

1983 Donruss Action All-Stars

1984 Donruss Action All-Stars

Forty-five of the 60-card set, including this cool checklist, but I don't think I'll be collecting the set right now.

1984 Topps Super

1985 Topps Box Bottom
Really cool, although no Patriots made it on to any of the box bottoms in 1985.

Now, what to do with all these oversized cards when I don't have anywhere to store them!






6 comments:

  1. Looks like star power all around with the 1984 Topps Supers - I don't like oddsized cards that go larger or smaller, but the ones that mirror the regular cards are neat to look at sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool cards, but yeah - tough to store properly.
    The football box bottoms win this round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen '85 football box bottoms. That red color looks good in that design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent stuff from Johnny as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also have never seen the '85 Football box bottoms, very cool!! ... Love the '83 Donruss Action All-Stars. You need some 4-pockets for those. Two pockets for the Topps Supers. Getting a few of the odd-sized pages will change your life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you show some interest in the bigger cards, or were you just randomly gifted them?

    ReplyDelete