Saturday, August 5, 2023

You Played For Who?

Raise your hand if you knew that Wally Joyner played for the Braves (no hands get raised, except for those Braves collectors, maybe).

TCDB #117 abide

He actually had a good season his only year in Atlanta in 2000: 119 games, 224 AB, .281 and appeared in the NLDS.

I think all three of those Pacific cards are from the same at bat.



TCDB #118 Matt9975


When Matt went to pull the cards for the transaction and let me know that he wasn't thrilled with the condition of the Vladdy Star Power card, so he added the Aybar card as an extra. I looked over the Vladdy card and barely noticeable is a tiny groove, and very minor edge wear that you have to look hard to see.
Super nice of Matt to go the extra mile and send me an extra card.





7 comments:

  1. Nice stuff! I was a fan of Joyner growing up so I do remember him as a Brave haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knew Joyner played for the Padres... but not the Braves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Joyner bounced around the NL a little bit... also played for Kansas City

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no memory of Joyner as a Brave. Hopefully I'll remember it next time Braves/Angels (or something like Braves/Padres) shows up on Immaculate Grid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely remember him from the 1998 Padres. Braves, no recollection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll do you one better, not only did I not know that he was ever with the Braves, I had no clue that he was still playing in 2000 either.

    ReplyDelete