Thursday, November 2, 2023

My Trade Me Anything Choices, And Then Some

Death Stare Cards is having his annual Trade Me Anything, and I chose a few cards from those he had available. There are still lots of cards left from a jumbo box of 2023 Topps Update that be broke, so if you haven't seen the post yet, just click on the link, claim some cards, and trade him anything. On top of that mail, the TCDB trades keep coming in.

These are the beauties I picked out, thanks Bill!



TCDB # 147 acasebol




TCDB #148 Cooter Lev


I jumped at this offer when it came in, probably wouldn't have mattered what he asked for in return.


TCDB #149 KQuinner


Question to my French-speaking friends: Why is California spelt two different ways on Winfield's card?










6 comments:

  1. That's the French spelling of California. Virginia and Pennsylvania are similar, in French they are Virginie and Pennsylvanie. Florida is Floride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't speak French. But it might be because one is an adjective and one is a noun.

    Good gets with Shohei and Trout.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at those Post Cards getting way out ahead of the eventual Angels name. I'm more confused by why it's DU Texas but DE Californie myself.

    Also. LOVE the M&Ms cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, this is going to sound crazy, but Texas is masculine and gets du. California is feminine and gets de.

      Delete
  4. Nice odd balls and those Canadian Post very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joe Rudi is tops here for me. I've tried to bid on the autographed version of that card more than a few times in recent years, but have yet to win one.

    ReplyDelete