Monday, July 1, 2024

Brick By Brick, Part One

I recently received a box from Johnny consisting of 9 bricks of cards! All stuff that I love. I'll take it brick by brick and pick out a few sweet cards from each.

BRICK 1

Twenty-five cards, tons of parallels.

2021 Topps Gold Label #6 Jo Adell
2023 Topps Big League #203 Uncommon Foil SP Logan O'Hoppe (my newest favorite Angel)

2018 Topps High Tek HT-ZC
Took me a while to figure out the different patterns!


BRICK 2

Twenty-eight cards, ALMOST all Angels.

Didn't know this awesome card was a part of the set as it was listed under "California" on TCDB.

File this one under "Great Names"


BRICK 3

Checklists!

1996 Leaf All Star Game MVP Contenders Bonus Card

Logo Header Checklists

1984 Topps Traded

1993 Topps Kids
The happiest checklist you will EVER see.



BRICK 4

Ooh, lots of checklists.

Box-cut checklists (L) are perfectly acceptable in my collection.

1983 Donruss

Snuck a Silver Surfer in there as well. COOL!







5 comments:

  1. I'm sure that Puig fell out of Greg's stack, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a lot of checklists! And I know that it's a silly card, but I really do like the Rally Monkey. If I were a team collector, that's the sort of thing I think I would get a lot of joy from adding to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Johnny sent some really interesting stuff in this brick. Wasn't familiar with that 1996 Leaf Bonus card. I'll have to look into that one. And had no idea Williams managed the Angels. I knew he managed the A's, Padres, Expos, and Mariners.

    By the way... finally got around to opening your BAG from back in January. It'll be featured in my next blog post.

    ReplyDelete