Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Cards

Merry Christmas! For the past several years my wife has given me a blaster box of cards and usually a handful of assorted packs. This year I got the blaster and a jumbo rack pack of 2010 Topps Update Series. I thought I'd take the time to show the insert cards that I got.


The blaster guarantees a patch card, the wrapper shown below.

But since this is primarily an Angels blog, lets see what Angels I got betwen the the box and the rack pack. We'll get to the patch card later.

The sole Angel in 116 cards was Topps #US-123 Alberto Callaspo. A bit dissapointing but at least I gone one Angels card.
With that done, lets get on to the rest of the inserts.
Eleven Topps Attax code cards. Does anyone know, is there anything to be gotten in return for these other than "virtual" cards at toppstown.com?


Three Topps Tales of the Game. I like any card with Warren Spahn.


Three Legendary Lineage. The Walker/Morneau card is pretty cool since they are both practically in the exact same pose.


Three Turkey Reds.


Four of The Cards Your Mom Threw Out. I love this series. Too bad I got 2 of the Strawberry.


Four Vintage Legends cards . The Eddie Murray card looks sweet on the 1963 version with the orange and black color combination. The other 3 are on some of my most unfavorite Topps designs.


Two Peak Performance cards.


An awesomly good 2 Topps Million Card Giveaway cards. Can't wait to use these, although the other 5 I've used have gotten me crap cards in return. Both Mantles....maybe thats a good sign.

One....I dont know what this card is. It's not a Card Your Mom Threw Out. There's a number 1 on the back. Any help?

And my patch card turned out to be ...Whitey Ford. Nice!

Any trade interests will be considered (code cards will be used first).

2 comments:

  1. Hey there, I'm a big Angels fan as well, which is why I read your blog. Merry Christmas first of all.

    The #1 card you have is actually a "Card Your Mom Threw Out" but it's the variant - the original back version. They're like 1:36 I think.

    I feel your pain getting only 1 angel though, that blows. Happens to me all the freaking time.

    Oh and ToppsTown codes are only good for the virtual cards on ToppsTown. Once you've gotten a whole set they just get you more points. I've managed to collect the entire set three years in a row, and I ONLY purchase by packs these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interested in the Pee Wee Reese legends card and the Berra-Campanella Card Your Mome threw out. Let me know if you want to trade!

    ReplyDelete