Saturday, November 26, 2011

Junk Gems From My LCS

I spent 2 hours going through junk, and I mean junk at my local card shop and came away with, you guessed it, junk. But junk that I love to collect.

I love Special Offer Cards, especially the ones Topps put out in the 80's (did they do any in the 70's? I don't know, but if they did I would love them equally).

I found a treasure trove of them on this trip.

1986 Topps 1987 Spring Fever Baseball/1986 Glossy All Star and Hot Prospects Collectors Edition set.


1987 Topps 1988 Spring Fever Baseball/1987 Glossy All Star and Hot Prospects Collectors Edition set.


1989 Topps Company Store cards A, B, C, E, and F. I'm missing D. Anyone have an extra D laying around?


1990 Topps Magazine/1991 Spring Fever Baseball.


1991 Topps Instant Win Game.


1991 Topps Match the Stats Game. Dare I scratch off the bonus offer?


Nice selection of the above mentioned Glossy All-Star cards from 1983-1986.


I had to do a double-take to catch Garret Anderson on this 1996 Pinnacle #200 Chase Checklist card. I wasn't aware he was on this card.


A shiney and foily (and looking rather pudgy) 1996 Leaf Limited #2 Darin Erstad Limited Rookies.


See the little Angels logo on this 1994 Leaf checklist card? That's why I grabbed it. Anything with an Angels logo.


I almost blew right past these two minor league cards. Tim DeCinces is the son of Doug so he counts as an Angel. Jared Abruzzo was in the Angels farm system for a while, making it into the top 10 of Angels prospects.


Picked up a team set of 1994 Score Rookies and Traded. Not very pretty cards, but I needed them.


Grabbed this Gold Rush version of the Jim Edmonds rookie card in that set.

Also grabbed about an equal sized stack of other Angels cards as well.

Another nice trip to the shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment