Monday, November 14, 2011

More Overdue Appreciation

goes out to Number 5 Type Collection for freely giving up the last 3 cards I needed to complete my 1973 Topps Angels team set.

I'm sure I sent something in return but it's been since the beginning of October and I haven't been keeping my trade log up to date.  Matthew if you didn't get anything from me please PM me and I'll rectify it ASAP.

Heres the 3 final pieces of that 1973 Topps Angels team set.

#175 Frank Robinson. Frank is pictured as a Dodger in this Topps photo, he was a Dodger for the 1972 season. Traded by the Dodgers with Billy Grabarkewitz, Bill Singer, Mike Strahler and Bobby Valentine to the Angels for Ken McMullen and Andy Messersmith in November of '72, he stayed an Angel until September of '74 when he was traded to the Indians.

#543 Alan Foster is a high number card. The high numbered cards are mostly what I'm lacking in my earlier Angels team sets. Foster played his only season as an Angel in 1972. I really like this card in that it's a really nice and clean portrait shot of a happy Alan Foster.

The other high number I needed is this #636 Ricky Clark. Clark played his whole MLB career with the Angels playing for the big club from 1967 to 1972.

I'm VERY happy to cross this team set off my list. Thanks again.

No comments:

Post a Comment