Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Troll's Out of Angels

When I pulled the lump of cards out of the package from Troll this awesome Vladdy refractor was on top:

The first thing I do when I get a refractor, is to try to get it to refract - you know, hold it just right to get the rainbow effect.  I'm still trying to figure out the best way to scan refractors to demontrate the best refractorization.  I have found that scanning them in a penny sleeve seems to work a little better.

Anyhow, after checking the refractorization I then turn it over to look at the number on the back:

Holy smokes! Number 14!? I think this is now the lowest numbered card in my collection. Sweet!

But Troll's note that was slid into the penny sleeve of another card is what I wanted to get to:

Ah yes, my mission in life: to acquire all of everybody's Angels cards.  Troll knew this, recognized that resistance was futile, caved in and sent me all his remaining Angels.  I never even had to ask.  Thanks Troll.


These three cards in the stack completed my 2011 Topps Update Angels team set.
It's always such a thrilling feeling to complete a team set.


Oh, and don't forget to support the Bradentucky Bombers!
Beat those Roller Rebels!!

1 comment:

  1. Great post Tom!!! When ya figure out the secret to scanning refractors - please share, ha!
    Believe it or not, I am relieved to not be bogged down by any Angels cards anymore... Cheers!

    ReplyDelete