Sunday, February 19, 2012

Bible Card Sunday - Bob Patterson


Bob Patterson was an Angel for only 2 of his 13 Major League seasons (1994-1995).  In those 2 years he went 7-5 with a 3.49 ERA in 95.1 innings of relief.  Bob also played with San Diego (85), Pittsburgh (86-92), Texas (93), and the Cubs (96-98).  Patterson was known as the Glove Doctor since he was often asked by many players, even opposing players, to repair their broken gloves.  Some of his methods of repair included the incorporation of coat hangers, tongue depressers, and extra leather.  Not sure if he used those as tools or not.  I think it would have been illegal to have a chunk of a metal coat hanger in your glove!



Bob signed this card with Philippians 4:6-13 (I think) which includes his favorite verses Philippians 4:11-13
"For I have learned to be content whatever the circunstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through Him (Christ) who gives me strength."

No comments:

Post a Comment