Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sometimes You Think You Don't Know What You Got

I have a large Angels collection: 12 binders worth and a couple large boxes. But even with that I think I have a pretty good handle on the cards that I have, and conversely, the cards that I need.

I've been using Listia a lot to pick up cards I need for the collection. I'll blow through listing after listing knowing I already have that particular card.  Once in a while though I'll come across a card that I think I have, but something in the back of my mind says "you better check, you better check".

Such was the case with this Mike Napoli card.

2006 Bowman Draft Picks BDP3

I went past this one several times sure that I already had it, especially since I have a binder for Mike Napoli.
I mean, why would I NOT already have this one, right?
After several passes I finally decided I had better go check and sure enough I did not have it.
So I put a bid in and I won.

Lesson learned: go with your gut, and it doesn't hurt to double check.

No comments:

Post a Comment