Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Junk Mall Junk Wax Wednesday

 Ripping a random pack of junk wax from the local junk mall.

Pack of 12 with a chance to pull Joe Namath Football Heroes card, an SP2 Don Shula, or a Game Breaker hologram.


Favorite card:
Howie with George Brett.
So many questions:
Is Brett a Raiders fan?
Are the Raiders at the Chiefs (although I think it's the Coliseum shown) and Brett was in attendance?
If the Raiders are at home, why was Brett there?

Eight cards in the pack are the 1992 hologram variation.
These make good traders on TCDB.


8 comments:

  1. Some great Giants cards there. Never seen the Brett/Long card before, that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder how many people collect Brett and don't know about this card...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This George Brett collector had no idea. I was raised to hate the Raiders, so I don't know how I feel about it, but I guess if I find it cheap I'll have to grab it.

      Delete
  3. I opened a ton of those packs back then. Now I avoid them like the plague.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really try to collect football, but the Howie Long is the one of a couple random 1991 Upper Deck football cards I hope to find rummaging in someone's poverty bins somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this set's design... but wish there were more well cropped action shots like Pro Set had. As for Brett... maybe the Royals were playing the Angels late in the season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gonna have to see if I have that Howie card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huh. Brett's wearing a Raiders shirt too. And yeah that absolutely looks like a single-deck stadium.

    ReplyDelete