Saturday, March 11, 2023

Winnings From Johnny's

 I won some cards from Johnny's Trading Spot, some really nice Angels cards.

2018 Donruss Optic #121 Post Swing Variation

And that's how I knew it was a variation. John graciously labeled it, and some others he sent.
I would have eventually figured it out, but nice that I didn't have to go do all the research myself!

There are a couple World Baseball Classic games on TV today I'm hoping to catch. I don't think Japan will be on, but I know that the U.S. Team will be. Ohtani has been tearing it up for Japan. Looking forward to watching.

I've been receiving a lot of Brandon Marsh cards lately, and every time I do I wish that Angels hadn't let him go. It was nice to see him in the World Series last year, I was hoping the Phillies would have won.

Another one of the cards that was marked by John was the 2022 Topps Holiday Metallic.
I went to TCDB to try to get my head around these and had to walk away for a few minutes being overwhelmed by the number of parallels. I know these Holiday cards are considered a separate set from the regular issue, but the design is so close, in my mind it's another of an abundance of parallel cards. Topps has destroyed the hobby for team collectors.

2022 Panini Chronicle Titan - Pink Pulsar
These look great here, but nothing compared to the nine-pocket pages of sparkly cards John's been showing on his blog.


4 comments:

  1. Re: the Rendon card, I haven't seen that particular look for the 2022 Holiday. Kind of neat. I still like the holiday set ever since that made it holiday-like rather than just snowflake-like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John seems to be better than most when it comes to cluing people into what he's sending.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just hope that you needed some of those Angels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That 2019 Topps Holiday Trout is fantastic! Love that action shot.

    ReplyDelete