Monday, October 2, 2023

Love the Slugging Catcher

I do like the slugging catcher, especially Angels slugging catchers. They've had a few in Brian Downing, Bob Boone, Lance Parrish. My most recent favorite was Mike Napoli, but I think I may have a new favorite in Logan O'Hoppe, we'll see how this plays out.

TCDB #133 expander


Traded a bunch of Animated Batman for these.



TCDB #134 Mjprigge

1989 Topps/LJN Talking Baseball.
I'll have to find a transcript of what Wally has to say.

1988 Little Sun Legends of Minor League Baseball.
All former Angels.




TCDB #135 yrrcwc



2000 Upper Deck #444









7 comments:

  1. I have O'Hoppe in a keeper fantasy baseball league I'm in. I'm hoping he'll be my catcher for a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mendoza was an underrated but very effective reliever for the Yankees. Yankees have had some slugging catchers of their own over the years . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting ready to box you up a bunch of checklists and some other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baseball Talk #49 Wally Joyner

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb3R9n9FKc4

    ReplyDelete
  5. The 1989 Topps/LJN Talking Baseball is one of my favorite oddball issues from the 80's. Topps did a great job of utilizing the extra space on those cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't seen the Legends of Minor League set before. I love the concept, but after looking it up I can't help but think how much cooler it could've been had they not gone with such a small checklist.

    ReplyDelete