Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Junk Mall Junk Wax Wednesday 8

Ripping a random pack of junk wax from the local junk mall.

I found a Ziploc with 8 packs of 1991 Score Football but with a label that said "Mispackaged". That piqued my interest, so I bought it for $5. All the packs are sealed (or resealed probably after searching for the Brett Favre rookie), but some seem to only have a few cards in them. Let's see what we get over the next several weeks.

Pack of 16 cards with no chance to pull an insert.

PACK 8 of 8 (Finally!)


Full 16-card pack.
Kicker hot pack.
That Mike Croel is only the second rookie card I pulled in 8 packs.

So, after all that, the 8 packs should have netted me 128 cards, when in fact they only netted me 112.
Will I go back and get another $5 bag? No.


4 comments:

  1. Voting for Roger Craig.
    With Gary Anderson, Bruce Mathews, and a DT Bruce Smith this is a decent pack.
    Surprised you're dissatisfied. At 63 cents a pack the bar was certainly lowered. The elite rookies had been pulled, but there have been plenty of good players. They're nice-looking cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Croel was a pretty high draft pick. I remember sleeving his cards back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The subset that the Bruce Smith is from was my least favorite in this set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A merciful end, thanks for biting the bullet for us!

    ReplyDelete