Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Recent Set Completion - 1987 Leaf

I recently finished completing the 1987 Leaf set, all 264 cards. The final card came from yankeefan714 via a TCDB trade, #191 Rickey Henderson.


The set includes some well-known rookies:
as well as McGwire, Palmeiro and Will Clark.


Paging through the set I started to see a pattern of a lot of head shots with mild "motion" shots here and there, and even fewer "action" shots.

This one was more of an action shot, kinda refreshing, and the pixelation in the background looks cool, and I like the fact he's wearing his cap under his helmet.

Aguilera's windup reminded me of my son when he was in Little League.

Good to a see a knuckle-baller showing his grip.

It's a good little set.




7 comments:

  1. Agree it's a good little set, and not difficult to complete. That Niekro shot is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on completing the set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing this set. Never opened up any packs of 1987 Leaf, but I did open up quite a bit of Donruss that year.

    ReplyDelete