Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Card Shop Odds And Ends

Some random samplings from a recent trip to the card shop.

What I love about those trips is that you never know what you might find.  You never know what might pique your interest, and that interest seems to change every time you go.

Here's what I picked up last trip.

Nice quadropod of Tim Salmon cards
1994 SP Holoview FX #34
2001 Pacific PS #3
1996 Pinnacle Dennys #16
1995 Upper Deck National Packtime Checklist
(counts as a Salmon card for me)

In case you left your reading glasses in another room, here's Tim on the checklist:




I found a new mail-in card as well:


This one is for the 1986 Topps Quaker Chewy Superstars set and/or the Topps Baseball Sticker Starter Kit.  I remember consuming a lot of Quaker Chewy Granola bars in 1986, chocolate chip being my favorite,  but I don't recall ever seeing an offer for the card set.  Great deal though for only 10 UPCs and no cash.


Classic Wally Joyner pose on the 1999 Skybox Thunder #115.
Joyner hit only 12 home runs in 1998, but he did drive in 80.
I'll assume this is a photo of one of those 12 dingers.


1992 Topps checklist card with the Angels team set noted.
Last piece I needed to complete this team set.


1992 Classic Four Sport Draft Pick cards of Angels.
The only difficulty thumbing through these is that you have no clue who the associated MLB team is except by turning the card over and squinting to read the "drafted by" tiny font.
Took a long time getting through the stack of these.
Non of these guys ever made it up to the big club.


Okay, I love these cards that came out with the 2012 Topps issues.
On the left is Topps Bunt, and the right is Topps Pennant.

See my recent post about collecting these sets if you have any to offer in trade.

2 comments:

  1. SP Holoviews & Denny's holograms? Looks like one helluva card shop trip. Beautiful cards.

    ReplyDelete