Friday, March 28, 2014

Don't Forget About The Astrodome

"Better never, than late", was the saying around my old job if someone were to show up late to a scheduled meeting.  You'd be the recipient of the wrath of the boss.  At the least you had a pay a buck to the manager. That's the reverse however for how it goes for this post.

The package that arrived from Remember The Astrodome is dated March 2.  That's how far behind I am in my blogging since I started working again after a looooong layoff.  Better to show it off now, than never.

1995 Topps Embossed Gold #108
New Tim Salmon card.  I had to do some research to figure out what this was.  There's no Topps logo, but there is a logo with a T and an MB which was giving me fits.  Why do I not know what this is?  Had to look around ebay for an example.  Fortunately it didn't take too long to figure it out.


Marc  sent two of the 2012 Topps Pennant cards that I needed.  He and Big 44 were the only ones to send me cards for the little giveaway I had.  The two names went in a hat and it was Marcs name that come out.  He wins the Ben Zobrist relic.  Big 44 will get something too for participating, but it may take me a while to get these mailed out to you.


1987 Topps All-Star and a 2000 Skybox Dominion.
Always nice to get another couple Joyners. 2000 was his 15th season in baseball, and although Wally kept his batting average up most of his career, but his power numbers sure fell off.


Marc included five 1979 Topps I needed towards the set.
Tom Poquette here looks like he's contemplating what his catch-phrase will be for his next career as the spokesman for Motel 6.
"Leave the door unlocked...nah, the lights...."
(It's actually Tom Bodett who is the Motel 6 spokesman)


And eleven more for the 1980 set.
My first thought when I saw this card was, "Is this a fantasy camp card?"
He just looks so uncomfortable and unnatural in that uniform.  You can see his farmers tan!
Upon turning it over to see the stats, Tommy Hutton had been in the bigs since 1966!
AND he won the PCL batting title in 1971 with a .352 average.
Did not expect that.


1990 Topps Coins #12, #13.
Topps Angels coins are always welcome, but they bring up that age old dilemma of how to store them.
I do not want to think about that right now.


I got Wally-ied.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I haven't even been keeping up with everyone's posts. Just got your envelope today and had to dig back to find this.That was a pretty nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete