Saturday, June 13, 2015

Things That Help Me Remember The Astrodome

Gotta keep on top of knocking out these trade posts.
Several more to go.
This one comes from Remember The Astrodome.

Lets start out with a heaping of checklist cards.
Odd thing about this group is that a bunch of the cards included were very close to the same cards sent by Highly Subjective recently.  You can see them in a previous post.
Bizarro World.


Another heaping of cards included many more that I needed for the 1991 Classic Best set.
That would be a Garret Anderson rookie minor league card right there.


Oh yeah!
Toy Surprise.
I was never stoked about Cracker Jack.
And I wasn't really stoked about the actual prizes, unless it was some gnarly fake-stitches-on-a-knife-cut tattoo or something.  For me there was more excitement in digging for the prize and not knowing what was inside and then carefully opening it up.

Guess who's inside?
Mark Langston is sealed inside.
And I don;t even have to rip it open to find that out.
This one stays sealed for eternity.


2015 Gypsy Queen The Queen's Throwbacks QT-23
At first I thought this was an actual charcoal sketch card and I shouldn't even touch it for fear I would smudge it all up.
Then I realized how stupid I was to think that.


2014 Topps Update #US-157 Camo 06/99
That camo design would be awesome on a model airplane.


2000 Skybox Dominion #22
I selected this card to scan because, well, because...
I don't know really why.
It just kinda "spoke" to me.


2015 Topps Heritage Foil SP THC-496
Cool card but I would have liked to see more red.
Another interesting note is that I think there are now more cards showing Alberts bald head that there are with him wearing a hat.


1986 Sportflics
Does it get any better than a Sportflics logo?
These are right up the with Kelloggs cards and Fleer Logo Stickers.
Maybe even the old Panini team logo stickers.


2013 Allen & Ginter's Black Mini #216
Back when Jered seemed more happy and easy going. 
He doesn't seem so happy anymore.



2 comments:

  1. I never thought about it until you mentioned it, but I think you are right about the dome of Pujols. Maybe its a game Topps runs trying to find moments he doesn't have a lid on.

    Nice cards. Usually I would say the Pujols is my favorite, but I think I like the Weaver better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I haven't been keeping up with blogland since school has been kicking my butt. Glad to see you got these.

    ReplyDelete