Saturday, February 25, 2023

Coming From Behind

When I was in high school, I ran the high and low hurdles. In the low's there was always a guy that was faster than me, Joel, I could never catch him. In the last meet of the season, I had the best race of my life. Coming out of the turn with about 50 yards to go, I found myself catching up to, and nosing out, that thorn in my side Joel. I came from behind to finally beat him. Sweet victory.

I haven't collected much in the last few years, fallen behind a bit, and this trade from Red Sox Fan in Nebraska certainly helps me towards getting caught up.

2022 Topps Jersey Number Medallion JNM-MT
Stoked to get this, very generous, but kinda perplexed by what it is. I hate to use the word "just" since it is a tough pull, Mike Trout insert, but is it just a rubbery jersey number card?
Oh Topps.

Here are the rest of the fat package of Angels cards Brad sent;



Wow. I feel like I'm catching up to Joel all over again.




3 comments:

  1. In middle school, we had to run the hurdles for PE... and I remember having so much anxiety over it. I kept having this image of me tripping over them and falling flat on my face. Don't think I did... but I could have blocked it out of my memory.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards and you can never go wrong with Trout cards.

    ReplyDelete