Friday, February 24, 2023

TCDB Completed Transactions #5 and #6

The fifth TCDB transaction comes from kcjays who reached out to me offering this card:

What he asked for in return was for world peace, or for me to continue blogging. I couldn't deliver on the world peace, but I can definitely keep blogging. After seeking some confirmation, he assured me no strings attached. I was kind of taken aback, but not surprised, because that's the kind of community this is. Generous.
And I really appreciate it.


Transaction six comes from stevienicks77, also known as LV's TTM Autographs and Baseball Cards.
You'd think I already had a bunch of the 88T Buice cards, and I do, but I'm wanting a full 9-pocket page of them since it's one of my favorite Angels cards. I only need one other now.
The checklist card I pulled from my Checklist binder to include with the Angels team set a while back, so I needed to replace it.


5 comments:

  1. Now that is generous, enough so to hold faith that our hobby hasn't gone to the flippers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I've had a dream about Stevie Nicks involving baseball cards :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merlin (kcjays) is awesome! I've traded with him before (flawlessly) and he even gifted me some nice Christmas ties back in July that I wore to work in December.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool! I once had a guy send me a Tino oddball card I didn't have in exchange for "nothing at all, welcome to the site."

    ReplyDelete
  5. It must be nice to know that someone thinks so highly of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete