Friday, February 17, 2023

TCDB Completed Transaction #3

Chad (ccook) was my first contact for a trade on TCDB and was nice enough to walk me through the process since it was new to me. He even proposed a counter-offer so I could experience that for the first time.

His counter-offer included an additional 11 stamps to the four I had proposed. In the initial 4 for 4 trade, I was sending him a couple of Pete Rose stamps and he felt they were worth some additional stamps. He also offered to send a stamp book (I already have one) and a couple of all-star ballots (again, already had), but man, how generous.

Thanks to that generosity I'm just a handful away to completing this set.

Chad suggested that I quit my day job as trading on TCDB will keep me busy enough. And how!
Much appreciated.



4 comments:

  1. Lol, that's what I'm doing all day - looking for trades on TCDB. Chad sounds like one of the good ones; countering to add more to your side of the trade is a very nice 'welcome to TCDB' story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool TCDB collector to counter your offer and offer to toss in more. At this point I'm not surprised by the generosity among us in our hobby. Seems like I read a great story like this (well not exactly like this... but generous nonetheless) on blogs at least once a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you're enjoying your time on TCDb. Trading on TCDb rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those early 80s Fleer Stamps.

    ReplyDelete