Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Junk Mall Junk Wax Wednesday

Ripping a random pack of junk wax from the Local Junk Mall (LJM).

Thirteen cards with a chance to pull a The Cycle insert, and a Gold Rush parallel.

Challenge: Has anyone ever tried to figure out who the four players are on the pack?

What I like about this pack:
The blue border has grown on me over the years.
I pulled an Angels card.

What I don't like about this pack:
The older the packs get, the more the cards stick together.
 
Favorite From The Pack:

Once you've seen how Franco threatens the pitcher with the barrel of his bat, you'll never forget it.

Gold Rush Insert:

These are pretty cool in real life, and I'm glad they put the Gold Rush logo on the back as well.






9 comments:

  1. I don't like the bricking on the glossy cards of the mid '90s either, notably when there are unavoidable paper loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set. Notorious for bricking. I've never opened a pack so I've never seen that wrapper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The worst bricking I have ever had to deal with straight out of old wax was 1994 Fleer. Nightmare. As for the challenge, I only have one guess for the bottom right: Tim Raines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The wrapper must take the photos from actual cards because I believe I’ve seen that bottom left photo on a Rickey Henderson card, maybe a 1993 or 1995 one. Top left could be Pudge Rodriguez and top right JT Snow.
    That Nigel Wilson Gold rush would’ve been a good pull back in 1994.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bricking issue scares me away from attempting any mid-90s set builds. A shame since I love some of those sets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, crazy to see that wrapper and remember it so well, even though I haven't seen it in almost 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the first time that I've ever seen this sets wrapper. Not bad!

    ReplyDelete