Friday, February 10, 2023

Weather Report and Mail

So we made it through the ice storm, temperatures finally rose, and it all melted away. Weather was nice for a day or two, then we had a couple days of severe thunderstorms. Then a day of nice weather, and today we're back down in the mid 40s with a cold wind. This is Texas remember. Anyhow, always nice to get mail.


Night Owl send some cards in exchange for some Trade Bait he claimed. I had mentioned somewhere that I really liked the Ted Williams card: aviation/military related, which is my background, so he sent one. Nice gesture. I also love the pose of that Jim Abbott Black Foil. Several wantlist cards were included as well. The Jeff Schmidt was totally unfamiliar to me for some reason.


I claimed the '75 Rudi off of a Time Travel Trading because I recently added Rudi to my PCs. Matt included a couple extra Angels SPs for some Red Sox autographs I had sent him.


Cards on Cards returned fire for some Trade Bait claims and man he didn't hold back on the sparkle (the scan didn't pick it up much). That Dominators card is fantastic, and the Jo Adell is a Negative Refractor.


Johnny's Trading Spot saw that I was in need of some 1983 Topps to complete my set and sent 5/6 that I needed (the last one is in works via a TCDB trade). He included some other wants as well. I've never made it a point to go after the smaller discs or coins for my Angels collection, I've tried to focus on cards, but I may have to make more of an effort towards that. That little Slurpee coin is pretty cool.



5 comments:

  1. Those '83s nicely erase the horror of that negative refractor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made it safely I see. You are on a roll with the incoming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pink Fireworks Dominators, Negative parallel and Stadium Club cards are sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you survived the ice storm. I saw a few videos on YT and it was pretty scary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heard about the Texas ice storm, glad your family made it through without an issue

    ReplyDelete