Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Junk Mall Junk Wax Wednesday

Ripping a random pack of junk wax from the local junk mall. 

Pack of 16 cards with a chance to pull a 1991 Rookie of the Year Autograph, The Franchise, or The Franchise Autograph card.
Terry Steinbach on the wrapper I'm assuming.

A lot of action on these cards, which is nice.
Apparently, most if not all of those series 2 Rookie Prospect cards have a variation with a missing red Rookie Prospect stripe.

Score really had some great subsets worth collecting if the 893-card set was too large to tackle.

The Dream Team subset is definitely one I would consider collecting.




8 comments:

  1. Players bunting! ... The subsets are fun but I've never liked the base cards. My goal is to get rid of all the non-Dodgers in my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always liked the design of this set, but not so much the color schemes used. The subsets were one of Score's strong points.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my least favorite sets, but the dream team cards are still cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish there were more 1992 Score cards in repacks. I dont think I've ever seen the Cone or Pendleton.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wasn't a fan of this set back in 1992... but it's grown on me in recent years. I like it better than the Donruss or Fleer flagship sets released that year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't remember what I thought about it as a kid, but as an adult, I don't mind the design, though it's head and shoulders above any design that I've seen in recent times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good times opening packs of this; it was an inexpensive purchase.

    ReplyDelete