Wednesday, May 17, 2023

Junk Mall Junk Wax Wednesday

 Ripping a random pack of junk wax from the local junk mall.

1991 Topps The Rocketeer.
Pack of 8 cards and 1 sticker.

One of my top-ten all-time favorite movies. Made my son a Rocketeer costume out of his styrofoam bicycle helmet and a couple of empty liter soda bottles when he was little.

I picked up two wax boxes of these, cheap, in the early 90's and my son and I put together at least one, if not two, sets. For some stupid reason though, somewhere along the way I got rid of all of it. Wish that I hadn't. It's definitely a nostalgic set for me.
Might add it to my TCDB wants as it's only 100 cards and 11 stickers.

Timothy Dalton played a great villain in this.

The card stock didn't lend itself well to the inking, making them a bit hard to read. The card number in the upper left is impossible to make out.

The stickers are like mini movie posters in art deco style and the sticker backs form a photo puzzle.



He LOVED it.



3 comments:

  1. Such a great yet underrated movie! I love that custom helmet you made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a favorite of mine too. Such a great photo of your son. I can only imagine how much fun he must've had with that costume.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that halloween costume is the best. I have one of the Jennifer Connelly cards in my alumni PC.

    ReplyDelete