Monday, May 22, 2023

My TCDB 60th And It Was A Big One

Biggest trade by far at 99 cards, plus he sent an additional 9 extra! And from Canada at that. I had reservations that shipping that many cards (I sent 100) to Canada would bust me financially but following sandyrustys tips on the best way to ship (and Bo's recent post that it works), it totally worked out! The 100-card large envelope I sent him only cost me $6 and change.

TCDB #60 sandyrusty

Thats 108 cards there.

Here are some of my highlights:
The Golden Age Ryan is great except that he's obviously in an Angels uniform, but they got the colors all wrong: wrong shades of blue and red.

He had a lot of Joyner cards available, so I figured I'd beef up my PC.
Noticed that the background picture on the '94 Select is near the same as the photo on the '94 Pinnacle.

A couple for the Tanana PC and I'm always surprised when I see him in a Yankees uniform.

2001 Topps #92
This Scott Karl counts as an Angels card because in tiny font in the lower right it says, "Traded to Angels."

1994 Score
Just one more to go (Yankees, and hopefully already on the way) to complete this stadium subset.

These are the extras he sent. Those 1988 Leaf complete the team set for me.

And the bulk of all the other stuff.

This went so well that I'm sure I'll be trading more frequently with my Canadian friends.




9 comments:

  1. I had to look up Frank Tanana's record. He played 3 games for the Yankees! No wonder I don't remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good experience with the Canadian trade! Sandyrusty is a great trade partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bruno (sandyrusty) is one of the best out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, I don't think I've ever made a trade of more than 15 cards! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that '93 Topps Joyner, and the '94 Score Stadiums of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was just about to comment on that 93T Joyner too. Great photo.

      Delete
  6. Glad to read the shipping trick works!

    ReplyDelete