Monday, May 1, 2023

1963 Jay Publishing Picture Packs - Angels

Published every year between 1958-65, these 5x7 picture packs contained 12 players/manager for each team. The Angels didn't exist until 1961, so a complete run would mean I'd only have to find '61-'65, or five different sets. There is an abundance of photo variation between years, and sometimes the same photo was used for multiple years. Add to that they are unnumbered blank backs, which could make it difficult to verify that these are all from the same year/set. Fortunately, though, TCDB has photos of this set and one has to assume that the contributor entered them correctly.

ANGELS I HAVE:





I received the Bill Rigney already signed, and it appears to be an authentic autograph and not a facsimile.



5 comments:

  1. These are great! I'd like to track down a couple of these someday for my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these. I grab Giants when I come across them cheap but I know that complete sets are beyond me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was gifted a bunch of the Jay Publishing Dodgers a couple years ago. The variations can drive one batty. I've given up figuring out exact years on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really nice. I have a few Yankees and Mets of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Learned about these a few years ago when I found a 1961 Cardinals set at an online card shop for a few bucks. I decided to keep it in the packaging after I looked at the checklist. It'd be cool to own some A's... but I'm not in any hurry since they were produced before the move to Oakland.

    ReplyDelete