Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Junk Mall Junk Wax Wednesday

Ripping a random pack of junk wax from the local junk mall.

 

Pack of 16 cards (wow, remember those days?) with a chance to pull a Joe DiMaggio Yankee Clipper card or autograph.
Anyone know who that catcher is?


Pulled a Nolan Ryan which is always a nice treat.

Celebrating his 7th no-hitter.
I've mentioned before that my parents were at Ryans 3rd no-hitter in Anaheim in 1974 and that I have one of the ticket stubs to prove it (my brother has the other).

I always find it amusing when a ballplayer doesn't quite look like a ballplayer.





7 comments:

  1. I forget how nice of a set that is. That looks like a Brewers uniform - B.J. Surhoff perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty tough Blue Jays lineup that Ryan no-hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think that I ever got too many packs of it, but I did like this set quite a bit as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that you and your brother have your parent's ticket stubs from such a cool event in baseball history.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure if I ever told you, but Nolan Ryan pitched a no hitter on the day my brother was born; June 1, 1975. As we were growing up, Ryan was my brother's favorite player.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun memories getting packs of Score. I always assumed that was a generic catcher.

    ReplyDelete