Friday, April 14, 2023

TCDB Transactions #26 tullyelly, #27 iowaCollector and #28 tenlbpain

Still focusing on completing the 1989 Upper Deck set, these three trades knocked out some chunks of cards towards that set, and a nice chunk of Patriots needs.

TCDB #26 tullyelly
I have a ton of '87 Donruss which is what I mostly used for this trade, seems they're pretty popular on TCDB wantlists.


O'Hoppe is the Angels rookie catcher, tearing it up with 4 HR already. This is the first card I have of him and was the only on available on TCDB. That's why I reached out for the trade.

These would be pretty nice cards without the rainbow number line, and maybe a little bigger team name.



TCDB #27 iowaCollector
Mostly 1990 Upper Deck used for this trade, another one I have a ton of but not interested in accumulating a set's worth.
I've never understood how a pitcher can throw accurately while looking towards first base.
See Lance McCullers.



TCDB #28 tenlbpain
The 30 cards in this trade are probably a max for a PWE. That thing was STUFFED!
Lots of extra 90's Collector's Choice went for this trade.
I would have swore I already had that Moyer, and it turned out I did, in my autograph binder. I'm not including my autographed '89 UD's for this set like I did for the 1991 set.

The Ted Williams checklist is for the Tim Salmon insert set, so I count it as a team card.
Scanned the Triple Play upside down, not about to re-scan it.


It feels a little weird trading for Pats cards during baseball season.

Had to scan this Harry Colon separate because his name is just so awesome.






2 comments:

  1. Nick (tenlbpain) is one of my favorite trade partners on TCDB. He always sends great stuff and often counters with more - or sends extras.

    The O'Hoppe card is a really nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like O'Hoppe is going to be a nice catcher for years to come.

    ReplyDelete