Thursday, April 13, 2023

TCDB #25 cards520 and Blogger Trade with Bo

My first 1-for-1 TCDB trade comes from cards520 to whom went a 1987 Classic Yellow McGwire/Davis for this beauty:

1991 Classic Best #1
I knew that I needed card #1 for the set, but only recently realized it was such a cool card.
Down to about 22 cards (and 16 Gold Bonus) to complete this set.


Bo recently posted about some stacks of mostly Fleer he came across at a thrift shop that he was willing to trade off. I claimed a few Angels, and he also included some 1987 OPC that I needed.

Here's the Angels he had available including a Gold version of the Eckstein card. Didn't know there was a Gold parallel to this set before he mentioned it.

I'm growing fonder of Black Diamond cards, and this blood red one is fantastic.

1987 OPC was one of those sets I didn't realize I had close to complete set of until I was entering them into TCDB as traders. Odd that I was missing so many Blue Jays, which makes me think that I received the bulk of these originally from someone who pulled the Jays out and was trading off the rest.

For either the set or the PC, don't know yet.


2 comments:

  1. Glad I could find some cards you needed. I didn’t know about the gold parallels until I started sorting the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Schmidt! He reminds me of one of those guys who looked like they were a grown man since 12. I know he's 21 or 22 in that photo, but I feel like he could pass for 30. Anyways... good luck with that set.

    ReplyDelete