Tuesday, April 4, 2023

We've Come A Long (Sad) Way

I went to see the Rangers play against the Phillies here at Globe Life on Sunday. My daughter was at the Taylor Swift concert next door at ATT Stadium, so I walked up in order to get a traditional ticket, something getting rarer every day it seems. Rangers won, swept the Phillies in three games. But I noticed something on the back of the ticket I was holding, the fine print. I later compared it to a ticket from a 1977 Angels game:

Good night!
What have we become?
Long gone are the days of just two gentle reminders: watch out for baseballs, and what to do about a rain check.




5 comments:

  1. Can't read that fine print... but I did chuckle at how many warnings appear to be printed. Kind of sad that they can't just print "use common sense" and "be respectful to the stadium, the athletes and staffs, and fellow fans" on the back of each ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly I'm just impressed that you could still get a real ticket.

    I also have always said that every line of the fine print has a story behind how it came into being.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same^. I was going to say that as well, surprised they even sold you a physical ticket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Legalized gambling seems to be absolutely everywhere these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool that you got to see the game, and you got an actual ticket!

    ReplyDelete