Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Junk Mall Junk Wax Wednesday

 Ripping a random pack of junk wax from the local junk mall.

1994 CARDZ Maverick the Movie
Pack of 8 cards with a chance to pull a 1:24 Tekchrome card.

I don't know why I bought these, maybe just wanted to try something different.

If you're a Mel Gibson fan, these are right up your alley.

There are 60 cards in the set, and cards #51-60 are considered SP!

That bottom card #56 is an SP.

I never saw the movie, and I'm pretty sure that I never will.
Just based on the cards it looks awful.






6 comments:

  1. I'm not going to stan this movie but it's a lot more fun than it appears in these cards and is an early example of playing with the tropes to try and undermine them (the Native American stuff for example looks awful here but is much more aware of what's going on in the film)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're missing out, this movie is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel Gibson rookie card? Never seen the movie... and probably never will. But I wish they'd make a Mad Max set of trading cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's unwanted, and available for trade, could you set card #1 aside for me?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprised the cards weren't all chipped. I'm with Fuji...I wonder if that's a Mel RC.

    ReplyDelete