Monday, June 12, 2023

My First TCDB Contest Win

 Yes, there are occasional contests on TCDB.

RonEaston recently held a "Guess the Card" contest in the forum. I don't remember the details, but I happened to guess the correct card from his collection. The prize was a few nice cards based on the winners' interests. Ron saw that I'm a Vladdy fan, so he sent me three nice cards:

2004 Fleer Inscribed Gold #1, 016/199

2008 Topps Triple Threads #64, 1093/1350

2022 Donruss Red #258, 1078/2022

Thanks Ron!




6 comments:

  1. You guessed the right Charlie Lea card from my collection. :) Glad to send them to a fellow-Vladdy collector. Hard to send them away when I needed them all myself but... glad you liked. Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real sharp cards to get - the faux 1988 Donruss design re-imagined as a 2022 parallel kind of works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never think to look at contests or the message boards. Cool that they do this sort of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first card sure is fancy. It kind of looks like the sort of card that would've been attached to a plaque way back when.

    ReplyDelete