Monday, June 19, 2023

TCDB Goodies #87 to #90

Father's Day came and went. I didn't get any baseball cards this year, and that's just fine because I did get some of my favorite snacks: Cheddar Cheese Ruffles, Payday bar, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and an In-n-Out gift card. Not that I needed any gifts at all because just knowing my wife and kids love me is awesome enough.

The previous week's mail brought several TCDB returns.

TCDB #87 tomb

2019 Donruss Optic - Carolina Blue/White #160
2022 Topps Gypsy Queen - Indigo #77, 018/250
2019 Donruss Optic - Rated Prospect #RP-2


TCDB #88 jamestagli
1986 22c Arctic Explorers
I'll always try to show the older stamps that get used because I used up my stamp collection getting TTM autographs the last 30 years. And it was worth it.

2014 Panini Elite Extra Edition - Franchise Futures Signatures 688/699 Jake Jewell


TCDB #89 Night Owl
I had offered up some miscut '85 Donruss here recently and Greg claimed them.
I set up the transaction through TCDB (even though I've sent stuff to Greg in the past), so that I could include a couple other cards he needed, keeping the inventory squared up. No return trade was asked, but Greg was nice enough to send some pretty sweet stuff anyhow.
Just look at that Ohtani 2022 Panini Chronicles - Revolution Groove!

2022 Panini Chronicles - Limited Swatches

That 1992 Mothers Nolan Ryan No-Hitters was the last card I needed for the 8-card set. I also have the uncut sheet that I mailed away for in 1992. Ate a lot of Mother's Cookies back then, chocolate chip mostly.

1992 Confex The Baseball Enquirer
Believe it or not this is the Angels team set for this odd set: Mark Langston and Scott Bailes. I think the Langston artwork looks more like Scott Bailes, and Scott Bailes looks more like Jorge Fabregas (who would have been in the minors at the time, see, he even has his bags packed).

1991 Pro Set #274
I now have 51 different Fleury cards, the #1 spot on TCDB has 611!

I'm still picking up Fleer Logo cards here and there so I'm glad to have these. I've always been aware of the many variations, these blank backs included, but perusing the lists on TCDB it seems there are a myriad more variations I was not aware of.


TCDB #90 edk
1987 22c North American Wildlife
I had the full 50-stamp sheet of these at one point.

1982 when Joe Rudi went from the Red Sox to the A's for his 16th and final season.





6 comments:

  1. The Langston depiction kind of looks like Jim Edmonds, who was still in the minors when the card came out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 90 TCDB trades! I think you were my 15th. I'll get to posting about it someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this makes me want to take a better look at the trade packages that come in so I can see what kind of old stamps are used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stamps. I really need to scan mine at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scott Bailes has got to be the most obscure player in that set.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I somehow didn't know that Joe Rudi had gotten two cards from Topps in '82.

    ReplyDelete